Audio Visual Technician - Part Time
JOB TITLE: Audiovisual Technician Part Time
REPORTS TO: Technology Manager
FLSA STATUS: PT Hourly, Non-Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has excellent and immediate openings for Audiovisual Technicians at SMG Lincoln. The Audiovisual Technician reports to the Technology Manager and is primarily responsible for providing labor for all technical aspects of production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Hang and focus lights, assemble staging and sound systems as per show needs.
* Install and remove telephone equipment.
* Setup and manage internet connections.
* Operate sound consoles, light boards, house lighting system, ribbon board control Replay Effects, Video Switchers, and Click Effects as necessary.
* Unload and load client trucks.
* Move scenery on and off stage per show needs.
KNOWLEDGE, ABLILITES AND SKILLS:
* Demonstrate proper knowledge and use of all procedures, techniques, machines, materials, equipment, and tools used in technical construction and maintenance
* Demonstrate proper knowledge and technique in the use of lighting, sound, audiovisual, and rigging equipment used by the Pinnacle Bank Arena.
* Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons, and others encountered while working
* Read and comprehend blueprints, drawings, and other related materials
* Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written forms
* Physical demands of the position include climbing, lifting, and carrying
* Be licensed and insured to operate a motor vehicle in the United States
* Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur
* Ability to work flexible hours including daytime, evening, weekends, and holidays
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
* High school diploma or GED Certificate and/or an equal amount of professional experience
Complete an SMG application which can be downloaded from www.pinnaclebankarena.com or picked up at Pinnacle Bank Arena, and return it to:
400 Pinnacle Arena Drive
Lincoln, NE 68508
No Phone Calls
SMG participates in E-Verify
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and encourages Women, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Date Opened: 08/15/14
Closing Date: 09/19/14