JOB TITLE: Concessions Supervisor
LOCATION: Pinnacle Bank Arena, Pershing Center, Pinewood Bowl
DEPARTMENT: Food & Beverage
REPORTS TO: Concessions Manager
FLSA STATUS: PT Hourly, Non-Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has excellent and immediate openings for a Concessions Supervisor. This position oversees the operation of assigned concession outlets, supervises concessions associates and non-profit volunteers (if applicable), in accordance with the Company’s Universal Standards and applicable Operational Standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Supervises and coordinates activities of concession associates on a per shift basis, including scheduling, training, counseling and enforcing work procedures and service standards
• Observes, evaluates, and documents job performance of stand attendants, stand leaders, and assists with stand personnel performance.
• Inspects all stands and portables in the assigned area.
• Ensures that all equipment is set up properly and operating efficiently and accurately.
• Ensures all stands, portable carts and surrounding areas remain clean, sanitized, and safe
• Analyzes and resolves all problems with associates, guests, and the operation with the assistance of management.
• Cashes out associates following cash handling procedures; investigates “over and shorts” with stand leaders and volunteer groups.
• Estimates, requests, and inspects supplies and inventory.
• Ensures accuracy of all deliveries
• Adheres to and enforces inventory and labor control measures
• Performs opening and closing procedures for assigned area
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Assists concession associates in serving guests as business levels demand
• Assists management in performing inventory counts
KNOWLEDGE, ABLILITES AND SKILLS:
• Excellent guest service skills; ability to adhere to Universal Service Standards
• Ability to complete required pre-employment sanitation and alcohol service training
• Knowledgeable in the operating food service equipment, basic food preparatory techniques, sanitation and safety issues.
• Basic math skills; ability to accurately account for cash and inventory.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills – ability to communicate with staff and to prepare written stand reports after each event.
• Strong time management and organizational skills; ability to direct the work activities of several associates simultaneously and plan ahead.
• Highly motivated, ability to take initiative.
• Ability to work effectively with others
• Ability to work in fast-paced environment
• Frequent walking, throughout entire facility, for entire length of shift
• Constant standing, bending, reaching and repetitive motions
• Ability to perform normal lifting of stock up to 50 pounds
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
• May be exposed to variable temperatures, including extreme hold and cold, depending on season
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum of one year experience in foodservice position required; previous experience as a stand attendant or stand manager preferred.
• Previous cash handling/cashier experience required.
• Previous supervisory experience preferred.
Complete an SMG application which can be downloaded from www.pinnaclebankarena.com or picked up at Pinnacle Bank Arena, and return it to:
Pinnacle Bank Arena
400 Arena Drive
Lincoln, NE 68508
No Phone Calls
SMG participates in E-Verify
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRRA Federal Contractor.
Open: -7/22/14 Close: Until Filled