POSITION: Concession Worker
DEPARTMENT: Savor….Food & Beverage
REPORTS TO: Concessions Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt Hourly
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has excellent and immediate openings for Concession Workers at the Pinnacle Bank Arena. The Concessions Worker reports to the Concessions Manager and operates the concession stand in accordance with SMG’s policies and procedures and is responsible for providing a quality product to patrons in a courteous, friendly and efficient manner and utilizing our Guest Service Standards and Responsible Alcohol Service in all transactions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Follows Concession Manager/Supervisor’s assignments for opening procedures and food preparation
* Prepares food and beverage items using proper procedures and sanitation guidelines
* Is cost conscious, does not over-portion and records all waste
* Keeps work area and equipment neat and clean
* Properly cleans equipment and follows the Concession Manager/Supervisor’s closing instructions
* Properly records all transactions via the point of sale system and inform guests of amount owed.
* Reports for work, is at stand on a timely basis and is in complete uiform with clothing and personal appearance neat and clean.
* Maintains high standards of customer service by greeting all guests and being genuinely interested in their needs.
* Acquaints guest with itmes for sale and upsells and adds on.
* Serves alcoholic beverages responsibly and according to SAVOR policies and procedures.
* Obtains the proper tender amount for each transaction and exchanges goods for tender.
* Places the guest’s bill on the till and counts back change.
* Ends transactions in a positive way.
* Shows flexibility in rotating to other stands as assigned.
* Sets a good example in cooperation, patience and effort.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Excellent guest service skills; ability to adhere to Universal Service Standards of proper grooming and appearance are crucial
* Ability to complete required pre-employment food and alcohol service training
* Effective communication skills; ability to communicate with coworkers and guests and receive orders
* Ability to work effectively with others
* Ability to work in fast-paced environment
* Previous food handling experience preferred.
* Ability to stand and remain stationary for entire length of shift
* Constant walking, bending, reaching and repetitive motions
* Ability to perform normal lifting of stock, up to 50 pounds
Environmental Working Conditions
* May be exposed to variable temperatures, including extreme hold and cold, depending on season
* May be required to work in confined and/or narrow spaces
Education and Experience
Previous food service experience preferred
Must be at least 19 years of age and able to pass a credit check
Complete an SMG application which can be downloaded from www.pinnaclebankarena.com or picked up at the Pershing Center, and return it to:
Pinnacle Bank Arena
400 Pinnacle Arena Drive
Lincoln, NE 68508
No Phone Calls
SMG participates in E-Verify
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Open: 11/14/13 Close: Until Filled