Operations Crew Member
JOB TITLE: Operations Crew Member
REPORTS TO: Operations Supervisor
FLSA STATUS: PT Hourly, Non-Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has excellent and immediate openings for Operations Crew Members at SMG Lincoln. The Operations Crew Member reports to the Operations Supervisor and is primarily responsible for performing work as needed to clean, maintain and prepare for events at the facility. Duties include skilled and semi-skilled tasks, which often require heavy lifting and a high degree of physical exertion.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Participate in all aspects of the conversion process in preparation for events. Duties may include setting up and tearing down flooring, portable chairs, barricades, staging, tables, other furnishings and equipment.
* Perform varies duties to ensure the day-to-day operations of the facility are met. These include, but are not limited to loading/unloading delivery trucks, transporting trash and waste to proper disposal area and replenishing supplies.
* Assist with pre/post event cleaning and janitorial tasks including, but not limited to, sweeping, mopping, dusting, trash removal, vacuuming, spot cleaning, washing, stripping, carpet cleaning, window washing and waxing.
* Perform repairs and maintenance tasks such as painting, patching, re-lamping, replacing ceiling tile, replacing filters, etc.
* Report irregularities, discrepancies, safety or damage concerns or loss of property promptly to Operations Supervisor.
* Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays, as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, ABLILITES AND SKILLS:
* Demonstrate knowledge of practices and procedures related to event set-up and conversions; typical methods and techniques for cleaning and maintaining the facility; and proper use and care of hand and power tools.
* Demonstrate a positive attitude and a willingness to learn.
* Follow all policies/procedures, risk management, safety precautions, rules, regulations and emergency procedures established at the facility.
* Meet the physical demands of the job. Must perform strenuous physical duties at times, including lifting, carrying, moving and climbing.
* Operate equipment such as light trucks, pallet jacks, forklifts, boom lifts, Zamboni machine, scrubbing machines or other light power driven equipment.
* Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with other in both oral and written form.
* Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
* Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
* Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
* Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
* Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
* High school diploma or G.E.D. and one (1) to three (3) months related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Complete an SMG application which can be downloaded from www.pinnaclebankarena.com or picked up at Pinnacle Bank Arena, and return it to:
Pinnacle Bank Arena
400 Arena Drive
Lincoln, NE 68508
No Phone Calls
SMG participates in E-Verify
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans to apply VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Date Opened: 9/3/13
Closing Date: Until Filled