POSITION: Prep Cook
DEPARTMENT: Savor….Food & Beverage
REPORTS TO: Executive Chef
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt Hourly
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has excellent and immediate openings for Prep Cooks at the Pinnacle Bank Arena. The Prep Cook reports to the Executive Chef and is responsible for assisting the chefs and cooks by prepping food for events. This position also assists in preparing location and area for day to day operations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Prep ingredients for cooking
* Washing, chopping and cutting of ingredients
* Making precise measurements
* Help mix spices
* Package and store leftover foods
* Store and properly handle raw or prepared foods and non-food supplies
* Stir stocks, sauces and dressings
* Testing the temperature of foods
* Distribute and store clean pots, dishes and utensils
* Washing dishes and taking out trash
* Basic working knowledge of food and beverage
* Basic food preparation
* Ability to follow oral and written instructions and effectively perform the work
* Fundamental understanding of sanitation, cleanliness and personal hygiene
* Positive attitude and neat appearance
* Must speak and understand English
* Must be able to stand and walk for the duration of the shift
* To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties for this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position requires stooping and lifting, substantial standing and walking.
Requires moderate physical efforts. Standing, carrying, bending, stretching, stooping, pulling and pushing, lifting of weights up to 50 pounds.
* Working conditions involve noise, heat, changes in temperature, kitchen elements, odors, moisture, etc.
* May be required to work additional hours as dictated by the work load and staffing
* Must be willing to work evenings, weekends and holidays
Education & Experience
Must be at least 18 years of age
Complete an SMG application which can be downloaded from www.pinnaclebankarena.com or picked up at the Pinnacle Bank Arena, and return it to:
Pinnacle Bank Arena
400 Arena Drive
Lincoln, NE 68508
FAX: 402 904-5934
No Phone Calls
SMG participates in E-Verify
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Closed: Until Filled